Our clients use retained search when they want to find the best people on the market – not just those who are actively looking for a new position or responding to job advertisements. This is a targeted and focused search.
We usually work to a pre-agreed timescale of between three weeks to three months – or to suit your needs.
Our method ordinarily follows this pattern:
- Taking full details of the position, including the work on offer, team information, typical working hours (as well as contractual hours), remuneration/benefits package and career structure;
- Researching all suitable lawyers (in a local or national area, depending upon the assignment) who meet the brief – using primary and secondary methods;
- Sharing our list of lawyers with you and agreeing on an approach method;
- Making contact with lawyers you have chosen from the list (or added to the list) using the pre-agreed method;
- Arranging interviews/informal meeting dates.
When the offer is made, we will coach the candidate through their resignation process/likely counter-offer and stay in touch with them regularly on a pre-agreed timescale (typically every fortnight) until they start working at your firm and for a period of at least three months after they’ve started.
We have successfully placed a number of solicitors (including at partner level) using this method.
We agree our fee terms and conditions up front. We work on an exclusive agent basis.
Please note: we will decline to work on an assignment where there is a conflict of interest. An example of a conflict of interest is your firm wanting to make contact with a solicitor or other person working for another client of ours.